Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com

Update 5/16/2024 We have been "stable" for a few days. Details of problems and reconstruction plans here: viewtopic.php?p=33804&sid=91e6bc9a093a1 ... 303#p33804

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

electric mirror

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Stuart
Bus Model: 1986 Eagle 10 Cummins 11+ Allison world

electric mirror

Post by Stuart »

Hi, I am brand new to the forum and have a 1986 Eagle 10 that was previously converted in 2005 and now needs a refresher. One of the missing parts that I am searching for and trying to figure out is the electric mirror controller . It is missing and I am wondering if any of you have gone through this and found a source for them or another work around. It has the original Eagle mirrors and has some extra wire connectors hanging out in the vicinity, next to the drivers seat area. The previous owner conversion person has passed away. 
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: electric mirror

Post by beltguy »

Stuart, welcome to the forum.

I suspect those on not the original mirrors.  I think that year Eagles only came with manual mirrors.  That said, I think there were aftermarket electric mirrors that had an Eagle insignia on them. 

If the are "normal" eclectically controlled adjustment mirrors without heat, they should have three wires coming from each mirror.  If that is the case a normal aftermarket switch should do the job.  There are several listed on Amazon.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Looking closer at the Amazon switches, it looks like most of them expect to see a plug from the wiring harness.  I doubt you have that. 

This switch from Amazon has the plug and wires to make the connection:  (link)

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I am not sure if I have this correct. I am trying to upload images of the plugs and the mirror pictures. The mirrors have the imprint of the eagle logo from Trailways. 
IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_0594.jpeg
goldeneagle
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F299092
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by goldeneagle »

Stuart.
Those are Ramco mirrors. They can sell you all the twitches you need.
Marty
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Thank you Marty. Will try giving them a call tomorrow.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Well, this morning I ordered a pair of switches from Ramco for the mirrors. Here's hoping the electric motors work. I will let you know how it goes after they get installed! 
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Stuart, keep us posted on how the switches work.  If they are the correct ones, will you please post the part numbers.

Marty, thanks for the information.  Am I correct in saying these were aftermarket mirrors made for Eagles?

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO