Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

SUSPENSION ADJUSTMENT PART 2, BOGIE AXLE RE-INDEXING

This forum will archives technical threads that are unique to Eagle Buses. There will be one thread for general comments, but the technical threads will be locked. The intent is to have a repository for detailed technical information that can be of prime importance to an Eagle Bus Owner. New threads can only be created by the forum administrators.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: SUSPENSION ADJUSTMENT PART 2 BOGIE AXLE RE-INDEXING

Post by beltguy »

Dan, I want to make sure you really meant to do the bogeys first :?: :?: .

That simply does not make sense to me. I would think you would want to do the front and rear to get the height correct and then set the bogey to get the proper loading at that height. Indeed, you mentioned that you posted them in a specific order and that would suggest you do the front and rear first.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Jim,

I meant what I said, adjust bogie first, then the drive and then the front. I will explain tomorrow as I need to run right now.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

OK guys, Dan called and got me somewhat squared away (is that possible? :o )

Like a typical man, I treated his discussions as we do instructions and skipped through much faster than I should have. Then, I did an even worse thing and interjected my own procedure into my mind and mixed it up with Dan's procedure.

Dan's Part 1 was getting the bus jacked up to the desired ride height and measuring the bogey loading. His part 2 is the first actual adjusting and it is the bogey. He is going to write two more parts. Part 3 will be adjusting the drive axle and Part 4 will be adjusting the front axle.

I looked at most of my posts and they probably don't lead folks to far astray. If you pay any attention to them, read them for the tips that perhaps add to Dan's procedure. However, Dan is the expert and his method should be the procedure you follow if you are crazy enough to try to do this yourself ;)

I did not follow Dan's procedure (wasn't written at the time). I lucked out and got my settings pretty close, but I really had to work at it.

It should be obvious to anyone reading these threads that we are really fortunate that we have Dan and that he is willing to post his knowledge. We need to read and re-read his procedure several times to let it all soak in (self, are you listening? ;) :lol: )

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: SUSPENSION ADJUSTMENT PART 2, BOGIE AXLE RE-INDEXING

Post by van »

Here is a shot of Texas border dude(Doyle)@ clifford's place yesterday ,when the pass side bogie arm finally gave in to the will of two Texans and one punchy New Yorker,and finally broke loose(WHEW!!).It was very appearant that others before us gave up trying to re-index His bogie's,but not us Ha Ha :lol:
Don Fairchild
FMCA #: F359765
Bus Model: 1995 Gillig Country Coach

Post by Don Fairchild »

Hey Van, Are those osha approved steel toed shoes Doyle has on. Where is the pic's Of Clifford working, I've not seen that yet.lol
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

He's just to quick Don,a very hard fella to photograph ,he must be wanted,huh? :lol: